Safety and Security
Education and development are important, but we know that nothing is more critical than the safety, security and health of your child. That’s why protection and planning are the primary considerations in every activity and interaction. Our staff are fully trained to respond to all situations that could occur while entrusted with your child's well-being. From caring for a bump or bruise to reacting to a statewide emergency situation, you can have confidence that your child is sheltered in a secure and nurturing environment.
- ImagiNation Learning Centers are licensed through the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Social Services and operate strictly in accordance with the Virginia State Rules and Regulations for Child Care. The licensing standards address certain health precautions, adequacy of the play space, ratios of children per staff member, equipment, program and record keeping.
- Standards require the facility to meet applicable fire, health, and building codes.
- Our centers are equipped with a variety of security features including secured exit doors, coded entry key pads, and security alarms.
- We strictly follow established procedures for each child's arrival and departure.
- Our centers have regularly maintained and inspected smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.
- ImagiNation Learning Centers are staffed with teams of highly qualified, caring individuals who meet or exceed state licensing requirements in education and experience.
- To ensure the safety and well-being of the children, we conduct multiple criminal background checks on each employee.
- Our staff and teachers are trained in Infant/Child First Aid and CPR as well as PMAT (Pre-Medication Administration Training)
Child Release Authorizations:
Teachers will release a child only to family members and other adults specifically authorized by the family and only with proper photo identification.
Nutrition and Meals:
- Children will receive a nutritionally balanced morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack provided by ImagiNation Learning Center.
- We will accommodate children with medically required diets, or dietary restrictions based on religious beliefs, with the proper documentation.
- To provide maximum safety to our children with life threatening peanut allergies, our centers maintain a Peanut Aware Environment. You may not bring any items to the center that contain, have been processed or share manufacturing equipment with peanuts/tree nuts.
- Our staff and teachers our trained in Daily Health Assessment, and monitor for symptoms periodically throughout the day.
- Parents are notified when a child is feeling ill, so that the child may recover at home and to prevent the spread of illness.
- ImagiNation Learning Center follows the Health Department guideline's for the exclusion of sick children.
- In order to provide medication in a safe environment, we follow strict policies created by the Virginia State Department of Services. Designated staff must be MAT (Medication Administration Training) certified in order to administer medication to any child in our care.
- We require a Medication Authorization form for any medication, prescription or over-the-counter medicine given to any child in our care.
- Medications are stored securely out of the reach of children.
- Our teachers and staff are trained and prepared to handle a variety of emergency situations.
- The ImagiNation Learning Center Emergency and Evacuation manual is updated annually and placed in strategic locations throughout each center.
- Special emergencies that could adversely affect the health or safety of the children may necessitate an emergency closing. In case of such a closure, we follow procedures as outlined in the Emergency and Evacuation Manual.
- Our playground equipment is safe, sturdy and age-appropriate.
- We adhere to the Virginia Department of Social Services Minimum Standards for safe surfacing and minimum fall zone depth of mulch. Mulch is replenished annually and as needed in between.
- All playgrounds are securely enclosed with child-safe fencing.
- Teachers provide active supervision while on the playground to ensure safe play.